Monday 26 February 2007

window seat


window seat, originally uploaded by Lester Ralph Blair.

The Civic Square in Wellington is an attractive open space that is enclosed by the City Art Gallery, the City Library, and the City Council Chambers. There are always people sitting resting here, or passing through to the sea or to downtown shops. The City Gallery or Library are welcome destinations. If one tires of walking under a hot sun taking photos, then a retreat to the Art Gallery will refresh my vision. If I have been negotiating crowded streets, then an hour or two seated overlooking the square surrounded by a few good books and magazines in the City Library will sooth the nerves. When the anticipation of new things to discover arises, I like to spend some time in the square to get a sense of direction. I was doing this when the window and chair caught my attention in the Council building.

No comments: