Tuesday 6 February 2007

street art


street art, originally uploaded by Lester Ralph Blair.

The streets around Lambton Quay are a steady stream of humanity. There are numerous works of art here but because of my focus to negotiate a path through the human traffic I don't feel to stop and take time to enjoy the sculptures. To photograph them is difficult too, I find that people are caught in a frozen awkward mid flight pose. On this day nearly everyone was still at home having a late breakfast. My wife was having a lie in, reading a slash and stab novel. It was Waitangi day, our day to celebrate the signing of the treaty. I was able to enjoy the sculptures in streets free of people. This braille like sculpture is by Anton Parsons and it is called "Invisible City" It is situated on the corner of Lambton Quay and Grey Street.

No comments: