Sunday 11 February 2007

on taking a walk

On Saturday I was taken to a woman's fashion store, where I was shown various combinations of skirts, jackets and matching blouses. I gave various opinions which were hopefully helpful. I was then released from this duty. What followed was several happy hours wandering on my own along Oriental Parade. There are according to the acclaimed Canadian photographer Jeff Wall, two types of photographer, "the hunter/gatherer" and "the farmer". I think the farmer searches deep his/her soul and makes the image first in the intellect, expressing the human condition or the the social order in which we live. I thought about trying this direction for a moment but this had no appeal, I think if I dug into my soul it might be found that there is not much there. For me art and photography is a freedom and pleasure of rambling on my own and looking at everything, taking a photo. Then I take the results back home where various opinions are given, which I find helpful. I have posted three of these below.

No comments: