Monday 29 January 2007

picnic


picnic.jpg, originally uploaded by Lester Ralph Blair.

This last Saturday we boarded an aircraft for a flight to Tauranga. We had a wedding to attend. My wife allowed me to sit by the window. We had a wonderful view over the central North Island mountains. My wife left her seat and placed her head in front of mine to look. I did get a bit of a glimpse of a dusty brown Mt Ruapehu with brown stained snow. The crater lake appeared as molten lead, looked in no danger of sliding down the mountain in a torrent of slush. Though we are told this may happen in the next couple of months.
The wedding was nice. The bride and groom looking lovely. It was outside, and hot. The food was good, especially the kids picnic. I was photographing this wonderful display of nosh, expecting to pull off a still life, when a child's hand suddenly appeared. Intent on helping me with the composition. I am rather pleased with this slight human drama. Probably as close as I will get to being a people photographer.

No comments: